How do you adjust the timing on the '96?

A mechanic said the '96 doesn't need to have the timing adjusted, but I'm wondering if he was wrong.

Where/how does one adjust the timing on the '96? Do you simply loosen and move the distributor cap a little bit? Or is there more to it than that?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Does it have a distributor, then I guess it should work , loosen the bolts and turn it.

Reply to
ransley

Check out Figure 17 on Autozone's free repair guide:

Tighen the hold down bolt after using a tach to adjust timing.

Reply to
johngdole