how easy to change windshield washer pump 97 toy cam 4 cyl ?

I pulled mine and it was pretty easy. You will have to go at it from top and bottom and remove the whole Pump/reservior assembly. remove the stuff from the top, as much as possible, then lift the car using safe practices, and remove enough of the right front inner fender (no body work to remove) to access the lower mounting.

If I remember correctly it's a puzzle to remove once loose, but It's been two years since done. I think, maybe you can remove the pump from underneath, but I still think It was necessary to remove the whole thing. I had a ruptured hose on mine and cured it in the middle of removal,.............the little U shaped tube just off the pump was ruoptured right along the length of one side and leaked profusely.

That's my acount of what could be. Your results may be quite different. Hope this helps at all.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

toyota dealers way tooo busy to change my windshield washer electric pump. i can get new pump for apprx. $40 is it brainsurgery to change? i have metric tools. do i need to hoist up the car? take off fender? darn pump wont work colder than 20 deg. thats right its colder than that here now and for the past 3 weeks...brrrrrrrrrr and yes, id have to do it outside in the cold any help/suggestions/leads much appreciated thanks to all hippo

Reply to
hippo