How hard it is to repair the hood latch

My hood is only holding on the safety hook (or whatever it's called). Can't seem to find a way to fix the latch on my own. Don't know where to start. Do I have to go to a mechanic or is it possible to easily repair it on my own? I suspect the hood opening lever broke off from the latch somehow 'cos it feels loose. Any suggestions, folks? Thanks for any input in advance.

Reply to
ike

It wont push- lock down? did you oil it, does the latch move in out when you pull the cable, is cable attatched, are side hood bumpers set to high, try screwing them down. It should be simple to figure out.

Reply to
m Ransley