How high should it be?

I am trying to find out haw bad are my coil springs. I have camry 1995, 4 cylinder... Is there a measurement I can check to see if the car is sitting high or low due to weak coil springs?

Reply to
Pszemol

The sedan has a height specification of 55.9 inches (your manual should tell for sure). I assume the highest part of the roof should be at that height. Chassis (say wheel well) at both sides of each axle should be the same height.

Reply to
johngdole

Sounds OK - I will start measuring the hight of all 4 fenders bottom rims :-)

Reply to
Pszemol

=== The Factory Service Manual lists this measurement, with a diagram showing grade level and the suspension component, with the standard dimension. Last year mine was 3/4" low. No satisfactory range was given, but that seems ok. The figure was in the preface to the alignment section.

Daniel