How many O2 Sensor does 96 camry have?

Water came out when the engine was cold, or when warm?

Reply to
mrdarrett

Is the vehicle using coolant.......thats where i would start..... condensation is not uncommon and completley harmless. dave

Reply to
videokid400

I'm now confused, so the problem is poor mpg and not O2 sensors and you notice water coming out of your exhaust pipes.

Reply to
EdV

CONFUSED , your at the right site......

Reply to
videokid400

Cold and warm and when it is hot.

Reply to
curiousken via CarKB.com

At first I "thought" my O2 sensor is bad because my mileage has suffered. But recently I noticed that water came out of the exhaust pipe (the end pipe coming out of the muffler). I talked to a mechanic and they told me that when water goes in it makes it harder for the piston to move even when there are enough gas/air mixture. I fixed the gasket and now my engine is running smooth again. And I also got my torque back. No more water came out. But need to wait until the gas tank is empty to see is mileage improved.

Reply to
curiousken via CarKB.com

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/toyota-camry/200704/1

Well ok... how much water? Are we talking 1/4 cup per minute here?

Like Dave said... how's the coolant usage looking? Take a look at the coolant bottle. Is it full? Also, when the car is stone-cold, remove the radiator cap and take a peek inside. What color is it? Does it look oily? (And remember to put the radiator cap back on properly when done..!!!!)

mrdarrett

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/toyota-camry/200704/1-Hidequoted...->

NO ,4 O2 sensors

Reply to
videokid400

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/toyota-camry/200704/1>

It was more like half a gallon each 30 minutes (my estimation) because everytime I check the radiator after a 30 minutes drive; it wasn't full. And when I fill it back up I noticed that it took about half a gallon of premixed coolant. And yes they did looks a little oily. But the problem has been fixed now. And new coolant has been replaced.

Reply to
curiousken via CarKB.com

hi what does it mean when you read that a toyota camry runs really great but needs clutch work;is this major? is it all a hidden cost (s)

tia

~v~

Reply to
Victoria Sea