How's Michelin X Radial - P195/70R14 90S

I know I should ask this before I did it. Anyway, I replaced the tires on my 2000 Camry CE with Michelin X Radial yesterday. 4 at $63 each with $50 mail-in rebate at Sam's Club. Is this a good price? Costco have it at $76, also with $50 rebate.

Generally I heard Michelin tires are good. But how about this model? Roughly how many miles can I squeeze out of it?

My car had Dunlop tires that was originnaly equipped. I heard they aren't that good. My car has only 36000 miles but the tech showed me it's really time to replace all four because we saw shiny metal stiches kind of thing on the inner side of tires.

Reply to
gotmail?

The tires they sell marked "Michelin X" are made specifically for the discount houses.

The information is available here:

According to the comparison page, they should be very good - and are rated at 80,000 miles. I have the X Ones on my Camry, and the difference between them and the Firestones that came on it is like night and day.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

I have those tires on my 1997 Camry LE. I am satisfied with them. By the way, what is the CE trim of Camrys? How is it different than the LE or SE trim?

Reply to
badgolferman

I don't know for sure. Toyota no longer make Camry CE any more, ended in 2001? Then added SE.

Reply to
gotmail?

Personnaly I like to stick with a tire with the same rating as the OEM. This is for safety and handling reasons. Suspect cornering is not as flat/controlled with the S rated as with the OEM H rated tires? Price was good - H rated would have been $109 each for Michelins. I went with H ratesd Bridgestone 902RE at $69 from Costco and was happy with them --- think they had $40 rebate then. Boy, you were living on the edge if metal cord was showing on all the tires! Blow outs as speed and flip overs are not pretty.

Reply to
Wolfgang

The CE trim (base model) is replaced by the LE trim.

The trim catagories are now:

- LE (Luxury Edition)

- SE (Sport Edition)

- XLE (eXtra Luxury Editi> > I know I should ask this before I did it. Anyway, I

Reply to
Car Guy

I've had them on my car for about a year, and put 15K miles in both city and highway (70-75 MPH) driving. So far, I love them. Good traction, quiet, little obvious wear. Just keep them aired to the right pressure, you should be really happy with them.

Reply to
Aren