How to find a used door for 2000 Camry LE ?

A teen made a left turn into the left rear door of my well-maintained 2000 Camry LE (4-cyl). The trunk is somewhat pinched, but the door is the big headache. The assailing Honda van had to be towed from the scene. My Camry drove off and doesn't even pull. I'm as impressed by the Camry as annoyed by the kid.

Question: How does a Californian find a suitable replacement door, before the insurance adjuster totals the car?

Thanks, Herb

Reply to
Herbert.Kocks

I had a similar problem recently with my 2000 LE V6, immaculate and running beautifully. A young girl tried to make a K-turn on a residential street with cars parked on both sides. She failed in that she backed into the front fender of my car. I too feared the car would be totalled but Camry's hold their value as you know. The repair came out to about $1000 and my insurance worked very quickly. Had it repaired in no time and then they went after the other person's insurance for me. I paid nothing though I did help expedite matters. Anyway, why don't you go to a local body shop and get an estimate (written or verbal) so that you know what you're looking for. Remember insurance will total your car if it exceed current market value - that is what private parties are paying for your car and estimating your mileage is about mine, 110k, value should be 9k or 10k and it doesn't seem likely that your damage is anywhere near that amount as you've described it. Of course, the insurance adjuster will most likely take into account the pinch on the trunk but esp if your vehicle is drivable, I doubt it will be totalled. Good luck!

Reply to
toyodriver

johngdole