How to get an extra key made?

I have a year 2000 Camry. I have only one key to it. Should I have an extra key made? Do people usually keep an extra key to their car? And where to get one made? Thanks.

Reply to
Berry

Having only one key is kind of risky. If your key has electronic immobiliser on it go to the dealer and ask them to make second key - if you do not have this immobilizer than any home depot or even walmart will cut you a spare key.

Reply to
Pszemol

I made a few extra keys-you should have them-my wife , daughter and one extra.. Michael

Reply to
M.Balarama

But not the usual locksmiths who make keys for hourse doors?

Reply to
Berry

Home Depot or Lowes do them. But if you want the Toyota symbol on there you have to go to the dealer ($$).

Reply to
johngdole