How to remove front console box?

Hi, I want to remove front console box of Camry 95, 4 cyl. The problem is that the transmission shift level is at "P" position now, which prevents me from pulling the front console box back to remove it. I cannot change the shift level to the most rear "L" position without battery power. The car is in repairing, I don't like to connect 12V now. I do not find a mechanical button (as in my 90' Camry) to override the position lock. And I do not have the user manual of 95' Camry, 4 cyl. automatic. Could you tell me how to solve that? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
fl

== The manual release or over ride is that black rectangular slightly raised button in the upper left corner. Actually that is a cover that you pry off to then access the release. You can find Owner manuals on eBay.

Reply to
Daniel

See

Ed