How to repair oil leak for a Camry 95 4 cylinder

Hi, My Camry 95, 4 cylinder developed oil leak problem recently. The oil leak makes the driveway terrible. I find it comes from the driver side engine frontend, see two photos with below links. I have check my repair manul, still not sure what is the cause. What is the wired plug? Is it the problem.

I have changed many new parts in recent years, such as starter, new tires, brakes, brake line etc. I would keep the car if it is not expensive to repair the oil leak problem. BTW, I had done some work on my car, such as radiator, plug and oil change etc.

Thanks a lot.

fl

you can try some mechanic in the can engine stop leak--it does not look like that much oil is coming out--small leak-- I have used some stop leak and it did not hurt my engine and stopped the leak. It was a while ago. Michael

Reply to
m.balarama

It looks like that sender unit is leaking. You might be able to take it off, put some sealer on it and reinstall. That's simple enough. I doubt that it's the source of the leak but it could be.

My guess is that your oil pan gasket or your oil drain plug or your oil filter is leaking. First check your oil filter, then the drain plug, then the gasket.

Reply to
dsi1

That "wired plug" is a sensor, perhaps oil pressure...I dont know for sure. It could be leaking; they sometimes do begin to leak with age. They usually leak internally, not at the threaded end. And, they are normally easy to replace.

It looks like, as DS1 mentioned, you may have a seepage from above, maybe the valve cover gasket. Again, normally easy to replace.

Clean it off, and then drive it a few days to see exactly where the oil is coming from .

Reply to
hls