how to turn the headlights off

I am wanting to take my kids to see the Christmas lights at the park. Last year I got dirty looks and honks because I couldn't figure out how to turn the headlights off my 99 Toyota Camery and still drive through the park. Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
whitetail

Hello,

When you start the car, make sure the light switch is off and the parking brake is on. Then, lower the parking brake to the point where the brake is released, but the "Brake" dash light remains illuminated. This works on my 2001 Camry. When ready, lower the brake arm to extinguish the dash light, and the headlights should work as expected.

Enjoy the Christmas lights! Igor

Reply to
Igor N. Nikishin

That's what I would do, too.