Humidity?

Que pasa... 1990 Camry LE, 4cyl, auto, 175 000kms. (Rainy day) The car stalled for the first 20 minutes of driving when I accelarated from stop. It also "bucked" when the auto tranny downshifted to accelarate. After 20 minutes or so it was fine.

I had an 89 Camry LS before this one with 350 000+ kms(same engine and all) that had the same problem in wet or humid conditions and the problem was solved PARTIALLY after I had it tuned up...(plugs, cap, wires, gas filter...) It just did it less but still did. Any ideas, thanks

Reply to
DSPL

Common of a bad coil or ignition wires. Coils on 90s go bad, distributors leak oil on the coil shorting it just as it warms up fully on humid days, then after 15-45 minutes they dry out and all is OK till tomorrow morning. Check to see cap is not loose. If wires and cap are old you could start there. My wires only failed when car got fully warm, it missed on one cilinder located by pulling the wires off one by one. My wires were aftermarket. For electrical parts especialy pay the extra money for Toyota. Also for thermostats most aftermarket are pure junk.

Reply to
m Ransley