Hybrid battery life ?

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the life expectancy of the battery(ies) is ? And if it is something less than 10 years (which I assume it is) how much are they to replace ? I know it is cheaper to buy the gasoline only version but ...oh well... call me tree hugger :-)

Thanks Don't kill trees ? :-)

Reply to
Rodo

No one knows for sure. The real problem is that a battery may degrade without totally failing, and there may not be any clear cut rules for how much degradation happens before it is covered under a warranty.

Reply to
Mark A

The Nimh in my many cameras, phones, etc loose a percentage every day from day1. The cost to replace is excessive. Im sure some hybrid owners will figure a way to ruin their batteries by over discharging and shorting them to get that warranty.

Reply to
m Ransley

I'm waiting to see what the disposal fee will be on them. We already pay one on 12v batteries, tires, and used oil.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Toyota Deutschland (Germany) guarantees a flawless load of their batteries used in the Prius model for 7 years. After that, my local Toyota dealer expects the costs for a complete refit about 280 to 400 Euros.

CU TauSigma

"Rodo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Pvl2g.1516$bU6.247@trnddc06...

Reply to
TauSigma

In 4 years there will be hundreds of people all over the internet and places that will fix your battery or make it work like new, or even "more powerfull aftermarket batteries".

Reply to
Enrique A

I would buy it with a bumper to bumper warranty..

just to CYA

It is costly at the moment to fix it

skewe