Install new audio system

Hi The old Toyota audi system has stpped working. My Camry model is 89 V6 GSX (UK Model). It came with the factory fitted radio. I would like to replace this with a streo from e-bay (cheap) but need information on how to replace this.

Toyota are offering a riduclous price to repair or even install a new radio and the normal fitters are asking too much also.#

Can anyone help.

Regards

Sammy

Reply to
Barir Malik

Just buy the plug adapters (Schosche - sp?) hook to aftermarket radio and plug into the OEM car side harness. I recommend soldering wires and using shrink tubing to do a professional, safe install. These adapters are $8-14 US $. I've seen used Toyota radios on ebay for $10-25. Any year from 87-95 except for antitheft ones are a direct plug in (with antitheft you need the external amplifier and of course the security code).

Reply to
Wolfgang

Buy a NEW Stereo from

Why? Low prices, QUALITY PRODUCTS, Warranty, Customer Service.

You can install the Stereo yourself! and save tha labor charges. It is a PLUG-IN situation. The Stereos reuse the Toyotas brackets you have now.

Reply to
Im Right