install remote wire into stock 97 camry stereo

I am trying to find out where to tap my remote wire to in my 97 camry. I was told the ignition wire or 12v wire. And i don't know which color they are. Can people help me out here? Thanks

Reply to
bootienugget

parklights

Parklights, Thanks for your help but i still can't get it to work. I did try the grey wire but for some reason it doesn't put out 12v. I used a voltmeter to messure. my stereo still works. Maybe its another color? I check the power and group wire and they work fine. I don't think its the amp either since i just from it from one car to another. Must be the remote wire. but don't know what to do. I tested the remote wire when the key is in and turned on. (not the engine, just to get power.) Some one please help.

Reply to
bootienugget

Reply to
parklights