Interior Lights/Camry

Hello, I just bought a used 1995 4 dr Camry and I have a couple of questions for you Camry lovers. The interior lighting of the Camry seems very dark. The dome light does not come on and I have checked the fuse and the only thing left to do is to change the dome light bulb, but the cover does not seem to want to be removed and I do not want to break it. Are there any other interior lights other than the roof dome light for interior viewing?? Also, the heater controls do not light up at all, are they fiber or are they bulbs and are they dealer replace only? The shifter indicator on the consol does not light up at all either, lights, no lights in this area?? The dash indicator does iluminate for every gear other than drive, normal?? What about the ECU upgrade I keep seeing, is it worth it? Hey, Thank you for any and or all answers that anyone can offer. I appreciate your help. Thank you and have a great day,

Doug

Reply to
Gunney

than

The cabin roof lamp lense can be removed "by inserting a small screw-driver and levering it off" says my manual. If the bulb is OK,..its possible one or more of the door switches are dirty. Does it come on if you open one of the passenger doors?

These cars use bulbs for dash illumination. Have you turned up the lamp-brightness control-knob located near the steering wheel? If you need to access the bulbs in the dash,...buy a manual, as like most cars there are little traps to pulling the dash apart,...hidden screws and the like.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

questions for

dark.

only

does not

there any

they

If you look carefully at the light cover you will see 2 small slots, you can put a small screwdiver in one if these and prise the cover off. If you find a way to make the light brighter please post as I have the same problem. Neil McMullen Please reply to Group as my email is fake.

Reply to
abuse