Is the ABS standard equipment on 1999 toyota camry

I just bought a 1999 toyota camry, I read from the ad said it has ABS, but I could not find the indication light. Is the ABS standard equipment on 1999 toyota camry? How did I know the existence of ABS Thanks

Reply to
songlaigang

Try braking hard on a slippery road (rain, snow, ice, oil ;). You will know. A buzzing sound will come from the brakes that you can also feel the vibration on the brake pedal.

Reply to
J. David

When you first get in the car, engine off, and turn the key past the first (aceessory position) click, before turning it far enough to start the car, is there an ABS warning light ?

Reply to
Daniel

on the 97 it was standard, then later it became an option. See if you have an ABS light on the dash at start up.

Reply to
Rob