Is there anybody there ?

Well its dead in here again,

I blame it on the banks.

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

Greetings from Silicon Valley California!

I loved my 1988 Camry I love my 2000 Camry

My 2007 Camry? Meh.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hi Winston,

I could use some of your sun. Lots of cold and rain here in NE UK.

My 1995 CAMRY has 106.000 miles on it now. I have had in near 16 years, bought it new. Its like a member of the family.

Take care

Johnny UK...Ham radio guy = G3:LIV

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

*There* is a packaging and transportation problem for you. :)

Excellent! Do you do your own oil changes?

You too.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hi Winston,

Yes I do all that kind of maintenance Engine & Gearbox they are very easy to do. Plus I know what oil I have used. I do use a small local garage for stuff I am getting a bit old to tackle.

Crawling under the car at 77 is not on. Main dealers just change to much here, maybe its the same with you.

I must admit my silencer/muffler lasted 14 years that's some record for me. I had Toyota replace it with a true Toyota one but it was £500 +

I recently went to trade it in on a 2007 Lexus but I just got £250 offered trade in against the £12000 Lexus. So I just decided to keep my CAMRY rather that take £250. It would have felt like I was selling a member of the family as I have owned it near 16 years.

Take care

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

(...)

Good on ya.

Yup. I've got an independent that does my 'serious stuff', too. They aren't cheap by any means, but they do a proper job in a reasonable amount of time. Worth their weight in gold, they are.

My Race Ramps help me a *bunch* with that.

They are strong, light weight and very easy to use.

Though it is a heck of a reminder that I'm not 17 any more. :)

If the dealers in my area would actually do the work I wanted and refrain with monkeying with other parts of the car, I wouldn't begrudge their prices quite so much.

During my *last* experience with Dealer service, they re-set the thresholds on my TPMS and put a leaky valve core in one of my tires, to prompt a return trip.

I replaced the valve core and re-set the TPMS thresholds, using the factory service manual. Sheesh.

Wow! They are sure *proud* of their mufflers. I had the one in my '88 replaced. It sure sounded better afterward.

Still, there comes a time when maintenance is too big a toll.

I'm not quite there yet.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hi Again,

Yes I am much the same now regarding using a local garage. And not Toyota main dealer.

I owned 3 MR2s over maybe 14 years they were no problem at all.

I retired from Medical electronics near 19 years ago. I got my lump sum paid into the bank. Later on I thought I would treat myself and bought an XJS 3.6 litre Jaguar.

2 years old 25.000 miles.

It was a disaster from day one, It was off the road more than it was on it. And that was from the JAG main dealer we had a FIRM CHAT about it 10 weeks in. They took it back and supplied me with a 1 year old 2ltr MR2.

That just ran as expected. The Jag went back on there forecourt at GB£1000 plus over what I had paid for it !!!!!!

I never saw it around lol.

Have a look at my web page

You can see how I spend my time. Wife keeps telling me I am retired. I just cant find that word in my dictionary.

Take care

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

(...)

Hey there, Johnny,

Those'r neat looking roadsters. Fun to drive, I'll wager.

Yup. I read a piece once that mentioned the quirky relationship that some Jag owners have to their cars and to each other. Apparently there is a certain comradeship surrounding the various issues that crop up. Gives one something to talk about at a cocktail party. :)

Stunning.

Probably got traded on the wholesale lot.

Those are some cool products, Johnny. I was completely unaware of PSK31. That is no surprise since I am not a ham:

I think it would be grand to decode Emergency Broadcast Messages on my computer. A variation of your Isoterm Multicon could probably do that just fine.

Food for thought.

Best regards

--Winston

Reply to