It really is lonely in here

SHAME.

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

You've spurred me into action Johnny :o)

Many moons ago I asked here for advice about my 05 V6 Camry. When cold it would rev its head off to over 2000 RPM. Advice from you guys was "that's too high". Advice locally from the experts was "yeah Camrys always do that".

Anyway, I couldn't stand it any longer and to cut a long story short, I installed a 5.6K resistor across the engine coolant temperature sensor thermistor. Now when cold the engine only revs to 1400 and drops back quickly as it warms up.

The theory was the 5.6K resistor placed across the 4.5K of the thermistor would show 2.5K to the computer which would think the engine was warmer and therefore not set idle speed so high. The effective resistance of the circuit when warmed up is 240 ohms just 10 ohms lower than before the modification so the idle speed is the same.

Sorry it took so long for the feedback.

Gordon in OZ

Reply to
Gordon

Hi ,

30 years in electronics , I understand Rs in parallel. Never thought of using one in that situation. My 2.2 idles at 1200 from cold then down to about 800.

Keep up the good work lets get this place as it was.

Any more takers even if you just HELLO

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

Hello from the USA.. I wish there were more participation too, especially in the area of modifications, engine, and customizing.

Reply to
hls

the circuit when warmed up is 240 ohms just 10 ohms lower than before the

This place used to be great. Lots of input and help. More Sales rubbish now SPAM Gets all over SHAME.

104.000 miles on my 2.2 Camry now. Have just been tidying a few bits up. Running better but still reading up on checking the fuel pump pressure.

I have not asked in here as take to long to get an answer. Some bits on Utube.

Cheers Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

Sometimes it's quicker to look in the historical archives.

Cheers,

Michael (California, USA)

Reply to
Michael