Jacking 'points', 94 Camry 4_dr

Readership,

Using a floor_jack, and the 'Toy' OEM( 3_vol ) manual , I cant seem to find the proper points for using a floor_jack , raising the vehicle either front, of back .

I can find the 'side' frame jack points, using the OEM sissor jack .

Any pointers ???

Ed

Reply to
0_Qed

I always put the jack on the crossframe point that stuck down a bit. The front one is easy to get to but the rear one is difficult because the handle of the jack doesn't have much clearance room.

Reply to
badgolferman

================== The instructions are close to the front of the manual in the volume that includes "Maintenance" and "Engine" sections. I think it is in the preparatory area that shows you general information like how to check for loose wiring connections, how not to pull on the wires but the connectors, etc. There is a diagram showing shaded sections that are recognized as acceptable lift points. They amount to being the front and rear sub frames. At the center of each is a hemispherical protrusion you can use with a floor jack. Badgolferman is right. Once you lift the front, it lowers the rear and makes it harder to reach so I usually lift the front just enough to install jack stands at that same subframe on both sides of the lift point, then move to the rear. Back there, best idea is to use wood blocks over jack stands to spread the load at the side jacking points where you place the jack stands.

Reply to
Daniel

Thanks to 'both' . Spot on.

I =neglected= to look in Vol_1 ... oops. A nice diagram of a '6' jacking points , front section .

Ed

Reply to
0_Qed