Lexus wheels on Camry

Does anyone know if the alloy wheels from a 98 Lexus ES300 would fit a 96 Camry LE? I know that the Camry had 195 70R 14 stock and the Lexus wheels are 15", so if I put on 205 65R 15's on them, I am the same as the V6 Camry's of the same generation, no?

Reply to
kramer

If you have the wheels check the offset. Should be a number cast into the wheel that describes ( in mm) how far the centerline is offset (some wheels are more dished in or concave than others)

Reply to
Daniel

Does your Camry suffer from the "wannabe" syndrome?

Reply to
Bassplayer12

I am looking to get some new rims for permanently mounting snow tires ~~~~~~~~~~~ I have seen Lexus rims on a Camry, so it should work fine for that purpose. If your friend already has them, why not just drive over and try one. Comment about offset was for longer term use - people violate offset convention regularly by having wheels stick out far further than they were designed. ~~~~~~~~~ the preceeding witty repartee was amusing and not often seen at that level in this group. my own personal conclusion about "ornamentation" is that the best way to make a Camry look great is to keep it bone stock but clean and shiny. I realize this is overkill for Camry, but I use Zaino products and it really does make it a standout, plus, protecting the finish.

Reply to
Daniel

Why is that overkill? I use Zymol on an '85 Corolla GTS, an '88 Supra and I Simonized an '85 Celica!

To some of us, our cars are the thing. If you have a newer car, and want to keep it looking great, by all means, use what works!

My Corolla GTS ('hachiroku' in Driftspeak) looked absolutely fabulous until I parked it 3 years ago due to rust. It will look fabulous again next summer...

Reply to
Vash the Stampede