lights, automatic locks & clock electrical problems

there are two (seemingly) unrelated electrical problems with my 99 camry ce:

  1. one day, when i pulled at my loose door housing, the automatic locks and the clock stopped working. when the car is started however, the automatic locks do work and the clock is VERY dim. before i open up the door housing, suggestions?

  1. interior & trunk lights don?t work. tried replacing the bulbs, no luck.

thank you all for any suggestions.

Reply to
fryang

Check the fuses. All the items you describe are available with the car on or off, so I'd bet the Dome light fuse is snapped...

Reply to
hachiroku

"hachiroku" wrote: > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:03:27 -0500, fryang wrote: > > > there are two (seemingly) unrelated electrical problems with > my 99 > > camry ce: > > > > 1. one day, when i pulled at my loose door housing, the > automatic > > locks and the clock stopped working. when the car is > started however, > > the automatic locks do work and the clock is VERY dim. > before i open > > up the door housing, suggestions? > > > > 2. interior & trunk lights don?t work. tried replacing the > bulbs, no > > luck. > > > > thank you all for any suggestions. > > Check the fuses. All the items you describe are available with > the car on > or off, so I'd bet the Dome light fuse is snapped...

it was totally the fuse! i feel like such a dumb butt!!!

now everything turns on just fine! thanks a million!

maybe you can help me with something else... the right side door lock doesn?t open with a key. the key doesn?t turn. is there something i can do?

thanks!

Reply to
fryang

If the key is worn have a new key cut by key-code, either at the dealer or a lock shop. If key is good spray some penetrating oil and/or lock lube in key-hole. I've had the best luck with a lock penetrant/lube from Ford dealer. Comes in aerosol can and appx $5. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92