"Lights" sensor gone bad?

I have a 1990 camry and the "lights" light is turned on in my dash. I think it senses if a tail light goes out, but I replaced all of them so I know the bulb is good and working. For some reason the light is still on. I think I heard somewhere that the sensor goes bad after a while, and I was wondering if it would possible to fix it or replace it. Is it possible to bypass the sensor all togeather?

I'm not really upset about the light, but my cruise control does not work for more then 5 seconds before cutting off for no reason. I think this sensor has something to do with it. There are a boatload of electrical problems with the car: The cigarette lighter doesnt work, lights work one day and not the next (light to tell you what gear your in, all center console lights where the radio is, the dome light, etc...). Mabye this is the source?

Thanks, Ben

Reply to
benkillin

Almost always a cold solder joint in the sensor. Google around for more information.

Reply to
Travis Jordan