List of lights for '95 Camry LE

The "burned out bulb" indicator is on but I can't find the bad bulb. Looking at a wiring diagram shows several that I didn't think about-- the cigarette lighter is an example. The diagram says there is a glove compartment light, but I can't find it. I think the way to proceed is get the list of lights for a '95 and check them one by one. Can anyone point me to a list? TIA

Reply to
Stubby

I bet the indicator only aplies to brake and turn signal lights, it makes no sense why anybody would care about a cigarette lighter, so its brake or signals

Reply to
ransley

I bet the indicator only aplies to brake and turn signal lights, it makes no sense why anybody would care about a cigarette lighter, so its brake or signals

Your intuition is not very accurate. I know for a fact that it came on when a front parking light burned out a while back. And, I'm sure it covers head lights, high and low beam. So I really need a list of lights with an indication of which are covered by the burned-out-bulb detector.

Reply to
Stubby

I own 1995 camry LE, 4 cylinder. I got the headlights burned and there was no indicator about this. I have also burned the small white corner lamp. No indicator for this.

The one time the indicator came on for me was then the elevated braking light whent out - the one in the lower part of your rear window. Have you checked this light bulb yet?

On the similar note, I noticed that my instrument cluster is suspiciously darker than normal. I am not sure - is there supposed to be a bulb brightening the area around automatic transaxle position indicator? My P, R, N, D, 2, L are on the complete black background - I think there should be a bulb in that area... How is it in your car?

Reply to
Pszemol

I just did and you're right! It was burned out. I didn't have an exact replacement so I tried a random spare that fit but the dash board "bulb out" indication appears a second after I step on the brake. I'll go for the proper replacement.

Reply to
Stubby

End of story! Installing a 922 bulb made it work. The bulb checker electronics must check for exactly the right current draw when deciding if a bulb is burned out. Thanks to all those who helped.

Reply to
Stubby

So you got a happy ending ;-)

Reply to