loud bang under the car

I'd get the car on a lift and check the exhaust system and catalytic converter. Could be something crunches when it gets hot. It shouldn't.

drive...any

Reply to
Art Begun

It could be your front disc brake pads moving into position, this = usually happen right after you start moving forward but in your case = this may happen on the right side after ten minutes.

Jack.

Reply to
Jack

Move your mother in law out of the driveway!

The Codge

Reply to
Artfulcodger

hello again...I am clarifying the problem I seem to be having with my Toyota Camry...after ten minutes of driving, every single time, I hear a loud bang coming from underneath the car - sounds like the right side...it sounds like a rock hitting the car...it only happens once every time I drive...any ideas?...much appreciate it...thanks

Reply to
MJS

Try moving your car forward then brake, select reverse and move then brake. If you can reproduce the noise this way it maybe a suspension/braking component which an observer (outside the car) maybe able to get a line on.

As mentioned before, the exhaust system maybe hitting the floor when the motor moves in its mounts,...worth checking out.

Also a loose baffle in the muffler can make a VERY loud noise if its forced to move under exhaust-gas pressure once the muffler is up to full operating temp.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James