Low fuel warning light

Having recently purchasing my first Toyota Camry the owners manual tells about the low fuel warning light but know where does it tell you how much fuel one has left in the tank. Does anyone know how much is left? Mine is a 2000 model with a four cylinder engine.

Reply to
doolittle & sitmore

On my '97 it's appx 2 gals. Should be able to get appx 60 miles safely on the highway or across town to your favorite local station. Dave

Reply to
davidj92

have had many toyotas corolla camry. always about 3 gal when the light first starts coming on. you should fill up at that time. the gas in the fuel tank cools the fuel pump which is located there. if you let it get very low many times it can cause your fuel pump to overheat and go out. your camry has an 18.5 gal tank so when the light first starts coming on it should take about 15.5 gal to fill up.

Reply to
Dave Dave

Thanks! But I beg to differ with you about burning up the fuel pump. I do not think that would happen.

Reply to
doolittle & sitmore

I don't think so either.

My Camry has about 2 gallons left when the warning light comes on.

I once drove a Chrysler rental car that went about 2 miles after the fuel warning light came on. Of course I ran out of gas and walked more than a mile to get more gas, and had to walk back with the gas can.

Reply to
Mark A

All the crap goes to the bottom you dont want to suck that in your system, condensation occurs with air ruining gas, keeping it full is better than keeping it empty.

Reply to
m Ransley