Low idle speed, stick accelerator pedal

99 Camry, 120000miles. For quite some time, I have had a stick accelerator pedal which make it difficult to initially press. I know I should clean the throttle body to fix it. Now I got the well known IAC problem (low idle speed, or even turn off, at cold start). Are these two problems connected? I mean, if I clean the throttle body, does the IAC problem goes away?

Thank,s

qq

Reply to
quickcur

The PCV valve lets engine "blow by" into the throttle body. Over time, some oil mist can collect on the back of the butterfly valve aka "throttle" and cause it to stick. A sensor safe carburetor cleaner will remove it almost instantly. I like Berryman B12 Chemtool. Just spray front and back, agitate less accessible areas with an old toothbrush and wipe clean with a rag. For the IAC valve, when you have the air intake hose removed (one 10mm hose clamp), look for the rectangular air opening at the bottom - right in front. Spray some TriFlow in there. You can usually find TriFlow at bicycle shops and home improvement stores. There is no lubrication inside the idle air control valve, and sometimes they stick. The Teflon fortified TriFlow seems to provide the longest lasting cure.

Reply to
Daniel