Low speed shimmy

Had all 4 tires replaced a year ago and rotated about 6 months later. At slow speeds the wheels shimmy. I have had the wheels aligned twice and the balance checked . Both tie rods are new. At speed the front seems O.K. I was told that maybe a belt in one of the tires may be broken but I had this checked as well. Ideas?

Reply to
norm46

I had a broken belt and it could not be seen with the tire off. Rotate the 2 front tires first , if shimmy changes its a front tire, maybe then put on the spare to locate which one.

Reply to
ransley

How does it behave when you lightly step on the brakes when it's got the shimmy?

Besides rotating the tires and see if the problem shifts, ask the mechanic to use a dial gauge to check for rotor and hub runouts.

A rotor or hub may be warped, and the wheel bear> Had all 4 tires replaced a year ago and rotated about 6 months later.

Reply to
johngdole