MIDAS breakpads - Lifetime warranty ?

What does MIDAS mean by lifetime warranty ? Do they mean I never have to replace my brakepads ever ? They use VSD brake pads...anyone with any experience?

Thanks

Reply to
Manoj Nair

They mean they will give you new pads when the ones on the car wear out. Of course you'll still be paying for the installation and any related work (new rotors, or turning old rotors, fluid, claipers, etc.).

From

: "EVERGARD SSF? BRAKE PADS AND CARKEEPER? BRAKE COMPONENTS

"WHAT IS COVERED: If Evergard SSF? pads or Carkeeper? brake components become damaged, defective or worn out during the warranty period, Midas will install replacement warranted product of equal quality on your vehicle. Pads and shoes will be considered worn out when the lining?s minimum wearable thickness is less than manufacturer?s specifications. For bonded linings, this is the minimum thickness of the friction material at its thinnest point. For riveted linings, this is the measurement from the head of the rivet where the friction material is most worn to the surface of the lining. Warranty applies to domestic and import cars, light trucks and vans.

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED: Does not cover a labor charge at the prevailing rate for installation of replacement component if replacement occurs more than 90 days after installation. Does not cover cost of additional components and labor required to restore the braking system to proper operation. Midas shops must restore brake system to its proper operation. If you do not authorize installation of other needed parts, you will receive a non-installed, non-warranted replacement part. Does not apply to vehicles used for off-road/highway use or competition racing. Does not cover damage due to accident. CarKeeper? warranty does not cover public service or governmental use, commercial or security use or vehicles over

8,000 lbs. GVW."

Ed

Manoj Nair wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Last time I replaced the brake pads at Midas my rotors became warped. Probably the pads were very hard. I wouldn't repeat the experience.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

They're not promising much except to get you back in their shop, pads are pretty inexpensive. Midas wanted over $500 for a full exhaust system on daughters Camry, independent shop did it for less than $400. 'Nuff said ??

Reply to
Jack Daniels

Some Toyota dealers give reasonable prices for routine repairs like brakes and mufflers. Worth a call if you have a decent dealer.

Reply to
Art Begun

the midas brake pads are now made by Morse, as Midas has an agreement with Autozones.. autozone supplies all parts to Midas, nationwide. Autozone's lifetime pads are made by Morse, which is a good manufacturer, althought they squeak if you don't put silencing crap on the back.

the dealer will change your premium for a brake job, around $375, not worth it. find an independant shop, they won't charge as much. Most dealers don't bother with exhaust work, they send the work out and charge accordingly.

Reply to
Eric F