Mileage on recent 4-cylinder Camrys ?

Can anyone with a recent model 4-cylinder Camry .. say from 1997 Camry to 2005 Camry, tell me what kind of gas mileage do you really get ? Toyota claims Camry's give 24mpg (city) and 29 mpg (hwy) for 4-cylinder cars. Is this what you 'really' get ?

I would be curious to know the same for 4-cylinder Honda Accords if there are any Accord owners reading.

Thanks

Reply to
techtrainer61

My 98 Camry 4 banger gets 28 mpg (60% highway). I seldom exceed 70 MPH and use cruise control as much as possible.

Reply to
Bad Bob

Still bothers me everytime I see "4 banger" - mileage sounds about right though

Reply to
Daniel

my 2003 Altise goes over 650 miles before needing more gas on hwy

Reply to
Michael

I get a consistent 32mpg in my 2000.Alomost all of it sity traffic driving. I thought it was more like 37 til I recognized the tank sized at 15 gallons as opposed to 13 gallons. Still very happy with this car. My 97 got around 26-28 most of the time. I only calculate by tankful, and may be off a little, but not in any major way.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I'm getting over 40 mpg on hwy from my 4-cyl 05 Camry, around 35 with 80% hwy. I can get close to 500 miles from a 15-16 gallon refill in daily commute.

Reply to
XYZ ABC

My '93 V6 gets close to those numbers..

Reply to
Hopkins

My 96 Camry 2.2 gets about 20 around town and 28 highway.

I just did a complete rebuild and anxious to see if it helps and how much. Even though it had only 123,000 , the compression was down and some wear on the bearings .It does have more power now and I'm hoping for better mileage.

BTW , I check mine each and every time I fill up.....check by gals on the pump and always pick a level spot to fill up.

My wifes Accord does much better and ....how I hate to say it , but a

95 V6 Ford Taurus automatic I had before the Toyota got 22-23 city and 30-31 highway.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

I have 4,000 miles on my 2005 4-cylinder. I have been averaging around 22 for all driving although probably 75% is city driving. My wife and I are both pretty conservative drivers and I am very disappointed with this mileage. The EPA sticker on mine said 26 and 33. I'm not even close.

Don in Tracy, Calif.

Reply to
RVerDon

What mileage sounds about right?

Don

Reply to
RVerDon

Can you purchase non-oxygenated gasoline? That might help a whole lot.

Reply to
Bob H

Have a bit over 5k on a 05 and best I can do on the Hwy is around 30-31mpg.

Reply to
Goat

I have a '99 Camry with the 2.2 litre inline 4, with 112 000 km on it now. I measure the mileage every time I fill up. Over the past 16 000 km, I've been getting 10.59 l/100 km or 27.46 miles/imperial gallon. The US Department of Energy thinks I should be getting 30.11 miles/imperial gallon for my particular mix of highway/city.

Note that much of the mileage in the quoted interval was using Canadian winter gas and riding on winter tires with a slightly higher rolling resistance, both of which lead to poorer fuel economy.

I can email an Excel spreadsheet to anyone who wants more details.

Reply to
Nobody Important

That is about what I get and I am NOT a conservative driver

Reply to
ketterj

TOP POSTING Corrected:

Mike that might be impressive if we knew how large your gas tank usable volume was, but since you didn't specify we can't decide whether that is good mileage or not.

After you drive 650 miles, how many U.S. Gallons of gas does it take to fill the tank?

Reply to
RunnerBiker

Aussie gov't numbers are 10.5 liters per 100km, or 22.4 mpg. At that rate he'd have to have a 30 gallon tank.

Even at 28 mpg, he'd need a 24 gallon tank.

In a Camry?

Reply to
Hopkins

Well - I don't really do imperial units, but I'm getting the following:

highway - 7.57l/100km city/suburb - 8.34l/100km.

Mine's a 99 Camry, manual, 4 cylinders. Petrol is 91RON. I used to get better mileage with 98RON, but these days its an arm and a leg to fill upwith 98. Oh, and the mileage was definitely better, despite what lurkers in this news-group might say.

Oh, and I don't have cruise control, and because it's winter, the aircon is for most of the time switched off.

Ino!~

Reply to
Bogdan Iamandei

My '99 4-cylinder Camry with 105K gives me about 20-22MPG around town and 35MPG on the highway (that was with no AC) last I checked.

Reply to
Ken Peterson

My wifes Accord , 4 cyl , 5 speed , gets 27-28 around town and 34-35 highway.

Reply to
Ken Day