milege stop

how do you stop or rollback miles on a 02 camry

Reply to
MEEKROL

Hehhehe. You MUST be JOKING.

Reply to
Philip®

why do you want to do this

Reply to
Joseph

lease is way over

Reply to
MEEKROL

When you go in reverse, does the car loose mileage? If so, understand that mechanism. Unplug the speed sensor?

Reply to
kiselink

No, the odometer does not subtract when going into reverse. This is folklore from very bad movies and TV shows.

Reply to
Mark A

As was mentioned in a previous reply, you can unplug the speed sensor.

HOWEVER,...............and it's a big however................this may cause other issues such as the transmission may not shift correctly or at all, fuel consumption may go way up and check engijne light/s may be triggered because of the missing sense of speed. Cruise control will stop working. all kinds of cool options are controlled by the many sensors, of which, the speed sensor is a very important one.

( strictly an opinion based on my experiences with other brands and models of cars. I used to be involved in some of them particularly about the speed sensor issues.)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

An all mechanical speedometer will substract mileage when the vehicle is driven in Reverse. Now in electronic speedometers, a digital signal is all the speedometer recognizes. Forward or back ... the signal is the same. Digital speedometers only know to accumulate pulses (miles), likewise as the digital freqency increases, the speedometer needle indicates more speed.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

Hey!!! Ferris Buelller's Day Off is NOT a bad movie!!! ;)

Josh

Mark A wrote:

--
Joshua Smeltser

Contrary to Phillips answer of an all mechanical speedo reversing mileage, this is not true in *all* mecahnical speedos. As my memory serves me, some will but many will not. It's your choice to try it or not. It's my best advice to leave odometers alone in all cases. this is my advice in normal circumstances.

In some odd cases, I have set back speedos where there was documentation to show the tires were changed to a smaller size and the proper calculations were made to correct the inconsistencies over time. This was back when I was a speedo tech though. and it was a major bunch of documentation that was required by federal law.

It's also legal to just placard the car with the correct mileage once it corrected to collect proper mileage............it's been several years since I played speedo tech though.

Although this post seems in correction to phillips post, it is mostly in addition to.