My 2002 Camry got new battery

My 2002 Camry is 25 month old with only 40,100 miles just killed a = perfectly good Toyota factory battery, one of the internal cells died = (or got disconnected) and the voltage at the terminals is only 10.7 = volts. There is no way that I can start this car with only 10.7 volts.

I replaced the battery with a nice new Costco battery for $40 and free = replacement warranty for 36 month, and all is well.

How said that car batteries die just before the warranty expires, mine = died 4,000 miles after the warranty expired.

Jack.

Reply to
Jack

They plan it that way, kidding, Ive had cheap batteries fail in 11 months . Be happy you got 40000 out of it

Reply to
mark Ransley

I have a 98 Camry V6 with original battery. Works fine. Just a few months ago I was out of town for 30 days, and my Camry started immediately when I got back.

Reply to
Mark A

I replaced the battery with a nice new Costco battery for $40 and free replacement warranty for 36 month, and all is well.

How said that car batteries die just before the warranty expires, mine died

4,000 miles after the warranty expired.

Jack.

Premature lead-acid battery failure is not uncommon. For your battery to read 10.7v, one call has shorted across rather than gone open or flat. This can happen if the battery has accumulated the salts and oxides at the bottom of the cell which are a by-product of battery activity but can increase if the battery is exposed to stress such as high discharge and/or high charging.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

I replaced the battery with a nice new Costco battery for $40 and free replacement warranty for 36 month, and all is well.

How said that car batteries die just before the warranty expires, mine died

4,000 miles after the warranty expired.

Jack.

Reply to
Doc

Do you remember who made the dead battery? If it was a US made Camry, more than likely Johnson Controls, or Exide. Given a choice, I would rather have the J Controls one. My 03 Camry has a crappy Exide battery, and I fully expect to have to replace it after a few years.

My 94 Japanese built Camry had a Panasonic battery, that I finally replaced after 8 years of service. It never died on me, I changed it as not to push my luck.

I replaced the battery with a nice new Costco battery for $40 and free replacement warranty for 36 month, and all is well.

How said that car batteries die just before the warranty expires, mine died

4,000 miles after the warranty expired.

Jack.

Reply to
Platil

I had a Mazda RX-7 and the factory battery lasted more then 9 years, it = was my wife's secondary car and she drove it less the 5,000 miles a = year.

The manufacturing date on the 2002 Camry battery was Oct 27 2001 (27J1) = and the car was manufactured at the end of September 2002, this battery = was one year old when it was installed in the new car.

Jack. =20

Reply to
Jack

The battery was manufactured by GNB Technologies, Inc. and distributed = by Toyota Motor Mfg North America Inc. Erlanger, KY 41018 Part No. =

28800-AA041

Jack.

Reply to
Jack

My 2002 LE battery shorted internally (and died) with 28,867 miles on the car. It was towed to the dealer, diagnosed, and replaced under warranty. I do not know who the manufacturer was.....

Steve B

Reply to
Steve B

Jack.

Reply to
Platil

good Toyota factory battery, one of the internal cells died (or got disconnected) and the voltage at the terminals is only 10.7 volts. There is no way that I can start this car with only 10.7 volts.

replacement warranty for 36 month, and all is well.

4,000 miles after the warranty expired.

I had somewhat better luck. I replaced the original battery in my '93 two years ago.

Reply to
D F Bonnett

I had the original battery in my 97 last to 100,000 miles..

Reply to
ROBMURR

Reply to
Gary Danaher