My 95 Camry Wagon's Radio

Any suggestions on this one? I just got a 95 camry wagon, and somebody put a new radio in it. when i hit the power button, the antenna comes up and all, but the radio doesn't come on at all...

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@booomail.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

fred.kunz

Check radio fuse in kick panel? Does the cigarette lighter work? OEM radio? Believe radio uses power from that too. You can remove trim around radio and pull it out and check the power at the plug. There is a constant power for memory, accessory power for radio and probably power for illumination. Does it light up at night? Does it come on but no sound (amplifier circuit blown). Believe there was a "recall program" on one year -- check alldata.com (think it was 94 though since my 93 was not affected --- it was on the 16404? combo radio). A lot of us have a spare in the garage from upgrades so cheaper to replace than fix.

Reply to
Wolfgang

How do you think the radio would react to the power button and activate the power antenna if the radio itself did not receive DC power? Sounds little unreal. Please explain...

Thanks, Pszemol

Reply to
Pszemol

Not knowing model - if theft deterent the amp could be out --- radio might power on but no sound.

Reply to
Wolfgang