My car goes jingle, jingle, jingle.

Shifted my car into gear for the fist time since the accident. When I went back to Park, heard noise like gears messhing, or synchronizers not syncing. What does this indicate? A serious problem? Needs fixing immediately???

Reply to
micky

No , actually that's worse than a broken belt . When the belt breaks , only the valves that are open are hammered . If the cam (s) keep turning out of time , they ALL get chewed up .

--
 Snag
Reply to

Well, I guess this does make me feel less alone, and better.

Yes, it can always get worse.

Thank you both.

Reply to
micky

Red Green posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Have it checked out by your mechanic. It is hidden damage and you will have to get a supplemental on it. The body shop should have fixed it properly but did not. Maybe they will total it with the additional bux.

This is why manufacturers have "kits" for t/b r&r. It may include water pumps, etc. Obviously the parts replacer did not use the kit nor perform a proper repair.

--
Tekkie
Reply to

Meant to finish this thread a while back.

After I thought about this for a while, I realized that since my right front axle was broken in half at the internal universal, when the car was in Reverse, even though it wasn't moving, the transmission parts were turning, at idle speed. It was like the right tire was off the ground.

So since the parts were turning in R, slow as they might have been, shifting to Park is going to be more difficult than when the car is actually stopped and the transimisson is stopped too.

And sure enough, I was right. When I replaced the right front axle etc. and lowered the car to the ground, no more jingle jingle. Sounds just fine. I drove around the block and it seems just fine, though the right REAR wheel is also messed up. Needs a forwrd lower locating arm. Mine is bent about 25^.

Reply to
micky