Mystery vibrating only at 2200rpm - help...

Hi Camry Forum,

I have a bizar problem where no one seems to be able to solve. We put a new engine into a Camry 1994 Automatic wide body. When the car is moving and revved at 2200rpm a significant vibration is felt in the car as long as the tacko stays on 2200rpm. Does not matter which gear, overdrive on or off, neutral, fast or slow speed.

Have checked engine, muffler system, gear box.

Any help much appreciated..

George

Reply to
Kats105

On a car that old... how's the serpentine belt doing?

I noticed a bit of vibration/noise on my '96 whenever I turn on the a/ c. Looked under the hood, and the serpentine belt was vibrating a lot. (it's more calm with the a/c off.) I will have the serpentine and power steering belt changed within a couple weeks or so. (Local mechanic can get Gates brand belts... yay!)

Hope that helps

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Ill ask them to check it, but the noise comes and goes regardless of A/ C. Ta George

Reply to
Kats105

Ill ask them to check it, but the noise comes and goes regardless of A/ C. Ta George

Reply to
Kats105

I dont know how to solve your problem but just want to share that I drove a chrysler 300 when my camry was in the bodyshop, the car would vibrate before the A/T shifted to higher gear. Its funny the rental manager was smoking oustide when I took the car back and test drove the car with me and he said its an american car. I drove from LA to Vegas and hated every moment of it.

Reply to
EdV