Need help asap,i have door apart

I'm trying to install a new door handle on the driver door exterior. I have the 3 mounting bolts out. I can't see how to get the clip off the rod. ( i don't want to break it. ) Also will the handle pull away from the key slot ? I thought the handle assemble would pull away with the bolts out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Reply to
desgnr

Pain in the ass, huh? To get the rod out the clip rotates around the hole that the rod sits in. Once you rotate it you can pull the rod out of the handle. There should also be a similar setup for the lock cylinder as well. Sometimes I use a flashlight and small mirror to see where the hell everything is.

Reply to
qslim