Need new Timing Belt

That's some good information on that V6 engine.

Beck Arnley reboxes pumps from other manufacturers. Mostly a Japanese NPW brand which worked well for me. NPW also makes its way into NAPA Airtex boxes (what I buy). Was NPW the brand you got?

I wondered about the steel/rubber gasket also, but have simply used the paper gaskets right out of the boxes (with Permatex waterpump RTV).

Did you go with a timing kit from Gates (typically comes with Koyo or GMB pulleys), or just the Gates time belt? They make very good belts and hoses. I wouldn't touch the Bando belts Toyota now downgraded to from even the Mitsuboshi and Dayco.

RickC wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

I wouldn't touch the Bando belts Toyota now downgraded to

Chemical Industries, with17 plants in 15 countries, is headquartered in Kobe, Japan andis a global leader in advancing the technology and development of allbrands of neoprene and urethane transmission products.=========================================I have a Toyota branded Bando belt running the A/C and alternator. Onlybeen in use for apx. 26,000 miles so may be too soon to tell, but Ichange them with the timing belt at 60,000 mile intervals because it iseasy. Still looks absolutely brand new. Holds tension just fine. Nosign of wear.

Reply to
Daniel

hee hee hee. You can advocate for Bando, which is still bit player. Don't pay Gates prices for a Bando belt.

Gates designed and produced the industry's first V-belt and today is the world's largest manufacturer of V-belts, timing belts and serpentine belts.

Gates offers you the most complete line of top quality products, backed by better manpower and merchandising. For over 80 years, our leadership in products, distribution and customer satisfaction has kept us and our customers on top.

Gates is also looking at ways to use carbon fiber technology in its rubber composite belts, which offers further market potential.

History:

Gates is organized into three product groups -- Worldwide Power Transmission, Worldwide Automotive Hoses, and Worldwide Hydraulic and Industrial Hose & Connectors. The worldwide product groups are responsible for product development, manufacturing, product globalization and manufacturing capacity and utilization.

Sales, marketing and distribution activities are handled by Gates Europe, Gates Asia/Pacific Operations, and The Americas, which includes North America, South America and the Caribbean.

The company sells its products directly to automotive and industrial original equipment manufacturers and through a network of 150,000 distributors, jobbers and dealers worldwide.

Don't pay Gates prices to the dealer and get anything less!

Daniel wrote:

Reply to
johngdole