need tires for my Camary

Any good advise for a good set of tires for my 2001 Camry. Im in Connecticut where we get snow and Ice...I guess I need a good all season tire. Thanks....J

Reply to
Jodysdee

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
badgolferman

You gotta love people who make remarks that lack specifics.

What size tires do you need? Have you thought of dedicated winter tires (i.e. can you afford 2 sets of tires)? What qualities or characteristics are you looking for in a tire? What preliminary (if any) research have you done and what has been your findings?

I would suggest you start by visiting

and look at their surveys for tires. Also, you might want to do a search in this newsgroup since this question has been answered many times.

I have used the Goodyear Regatta tire on one of my previous cars. It provided a level of winter/ice traction that can be expected by a "all season" tire. This tire has been replaced by the Regatta 2. Here is a link to feedback of owners of this tire: Goodyear Regatta 2

Currently, I own dedicated snow tires (Nokian Hakka 1). Once you have driven on a set of GOOD winter tires, most (if not all) all season tires winter capabilites will be considered poor. The only exception to this would be the Nokian WR's that have the severe snow rating and can be used all year round. Here is the link to the Nokian WR

. To find out whosells these tires, have a look at this link:
I will admit these tires are not cheap, but if you keep in mind that all that connects you to the road are 4 patches of rubber on your car, you will realize that good tires are essential to motoring and not something that one should cut corners on. I reside in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and we do get avg. levels of winter weather. I admit, buying dedicated tires did cost money, but the fact that braking, handling and overall piece of mind is increased, there was no reason why I should not get the winter tires.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Car Guy

I have Firestone Firehawk series. A very suitable replacement tire that does well in rain/snow.

is a link to a source to some research by them.

Reply to
Allen Crawford