New 2007 Toyota Camry

I just bought a new 2007 Camry a few weeks ago, but did not do a good job researching this car, but I just went to the NHTSA web site and discovered all these reports about the safety problems from owners that bought this vehicle.

Anybody were experiencing hesitation when accelerating from a stop or when changing lane, car going into high RPM when on stop, losing power when driving? These are safety issues.

Thank you,

Victor

Reply to
Victor Gee

These issues are attributed to the new transmission being used this year. I would not be surprised if they issue a service bulletin to change the firmware. Check with your dealer.

Reply to
Mark A

I would have guessed the 'drive by wire' throttle. My only real complaint with my Scion. Causes a hesitiation when depressing the throttle...

Reply to
Hachiroku

no problems with my 07 le.

Reply to
BigJim

In 2005 toy recalled more cars than sold in the US, that like Yugos quality

Reply to
m Ransley

A bit of an exageration, pal. Unlike Yugos, the windshields come fitted and sealed properly from the factory.

Reply to
qslim

I think it was snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) who stated:

That convinces me! I'm selling my POS Camry and buying a YUGO instead!

What? I can't buy an new Yugo????

Why not . . . ?

-- A day without sunshine is like, well, night

Reply to
Don Fearn

Yeah, I guess. My '95 Tercel got recalled. The screw securing the antenna to the "A" pillar could come loose and cause static when listening to the AM section.

Oh, the trials and tribulations we Toyota owners put up with!

Oh, there was this, too:

CERTAIN PRO-A MOTORS CORNER LAMPS, TURN SIGNALS, AND HEADLIGHTS SOLD AS REPLACEMENT LAMPS FOR USE ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES LISTED ABOVE. SOME COMBINATION LAMPS THAT ARE NOT EQUIPPED WITH AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS FAIL TO CONFORM TO FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.

Oh, dear! No Amber on the side marker!

Sure glad my windshield didn't pop out! Or, they sent me a sticker warning me my transmission my shift into reverse from Park at any time without warning.

See, Toyotas ARE unsafe! Just think, I may no hear Rush Limbaugh over the static on the radio, making me angry and causing severe Road Rage.

But that's only a danger to others. Guess *I* need a recall...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Besides the electronic throttle I wonder if the transmission flare could be a problem here. Yeah, a big problem right now with that car is the transmission can go into neutral when you step on the gas, like when you are trying to avoid being rear ended by a dump truck.

Toyota should have gone back to the old Aisin tranny with 20% more parts instead of using the new U-series crap.

Victor Gee wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

To be fair, Toyotas are not as bad as the Yugos but they are not as good as the Toyotas built 10 years ago.

Try these:

"Toyota Motor Corporation announced on Tuesday, June 6, 2006 that is recalling nearly one million vehicles worldwide. The recall is to replace faulty parts in the steering column of 10 Toyota models that could cause drivers to lose control of the steering wheel. "

"04/03/2006 On certain vehicles, due to improper assembly of the air bag inflator.....the expansion force of the gas may be insufficient to properly inflate the air bag when the SRS system is activated during a crash. "

Hachiroku =E3=83=8F=E3=83=81=E3=83=AD=E3=82=AF wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

changing lane, ... NONE

approching a red signal, approaching a corner, the car seems to go into neutral or remain on the same gear and when I step on the pedal more it will downshift and jerk. If I dont then the car continues to go but not quick. This only happens when I'm accelerating just right from slowing down and not from a full stop. If you need the power just step on the gas, you wont get rear ended by a dump truck : ) Accdg to some auto reviews, they also experienced the same when cornering and it was a way for the car to save on fuel.

If you read the Owners Manual, the transmission will not go into overdrive on a cold engine, don't confuse this as a loss of power, its a protection for your car, so dont expect the car to perform while its still cold.

Reply to
EdV

True of every Asian car I've owned.... Subaru, Toyota and Honda.

Reply to
Art

What overdrive has to do with "power" or "performance"? Overdrive is the weakest (!) gear... it gives you economy and silence, (due to the lowered rpms) not the power which is greater on lower gears.

Reply to
Pszemol

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
EdV

Toyota's new U-series tranny has gear skipping problems that when you step on the gas, it goes into neutral. This is not the same as the warm up delay into overdrive, which is done on all electronic transmissions these days.

EdV wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

I think this gear skipping complaint is a bit overblown. Even if there were a problem, it's correctable in software because of the electronic nature of the transmission, and I think the fix has been deployed for months now, hasn't it?

Reply to
Nobody Important

I did some searching and found...

I'll be go> snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: