New camry'05 LE aftermarket alarm option question

I just bought new 2005 camry . It has a keyless trunk/doors entry as a standard. I wonder if I should supplement it with some sort of alarm/anti-theft system. Is there an alarm system on a market without keyless entry feature? There's no point to pay for a duplicate feature. Also, Camry has "transponder keys" which should provide the anti-theft protection. Is it any good ?

TIA Alex

Reply to
ZigZoo

Get the OEM Fujitzu Ten VIP3200 alarm --- no cutting of wires or voiding of your warranty --- uses your same keyless entry fobs. You can buy them online and save about a $100 -- installation is tedious but you c\do get very detailed instructions.

Wolfgang

I have the VIP3200 on my Matrix, works great!!! It also has the glass breakage sensor. It will also go off for a bump as in kicking the tire. I like it because it isn't too sensitive as some are set off by the wind.

mandrake99

Reply to
mandrake99

Does the VIP3200 also have a valet switch, or some other means of deactiveating the ignition cutout in case the alarm fails and you need to start the car. This has happened to me in the past with an after market alarm. I was on a trip and had the remote in me bag, the button was being pressed and killed the battery. When I got back to my car I could not unlock it. I opened it with the key and was able to deactivate the alarm by putting the key in the ignition and flipping the valet switch. This allowed me to start the car. I have seen the VIP3200 alarms on e-bay and other places but they never say if they have a valet switch.

Thanks

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair

No valet switch that I know of..

mandrake99

Reply to
mandrake99

The Fujitsu-Ten OEM alarms are very reliable. I've had several Toyotas with them, and I've never had any problems.

-Doug in VA

Reply to
Doug in VA