New Camry Rattle

Greetings, I just purchased a new Camry. It has a very annoying but "low volume" tinny rattle coming from the passenger side back seat/window/trunk area that I can't seem to locate. I haven't taken it back to the dealer yet in fear that they may create more rattles. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Butherus

the rattle comes from the rear window deck area when you go over bumps. Its because of the deck construction. My 2001 buick is built better

Reply to
Car Guy

Yep my 2001 Avalon is a rattle box too. My 99 300M is far better. When will people start figuring this out. Toyota USED TO make great cars. My forth and last Toyota.

Its

Reply to
Art

fear

Reply to
Butherus

My 05' Camry has a rattle on the drivers door since new (now is 3 weeks old), I took it to dealer they said they changed all seals, panel holders,etc took them the whole day, I left home and there was the same rattle noise , I made an U turn and back to the dealer, I told the guy that they don't even touch the dam door and he just said "rattles are hard to figure them out the first day, bring it on another day and drive with the mechanic". Of course the dealer charged the Toyota warranty account (invoice reads) big money for the "fix". But I'll bet you they didn't do anything with it.

My

bumps.

volume"

that

Reply to
corrlens

Its

Hi Guys, I purchased a 4 cyl CAMRY in 1995. Its got only 67k Miles on it now but its been first class Was only 1 rattle on it in the sun roof area that was fixed in 500 mile service.

2 days ago it just failed the yearly MOT test here in UK. They need to replace the brake pipes Front to rear. But thats the FIRST repair on the car. And as we have LOTS of wet weather then I suppose 9 years is ok. for those pipes to last . So I am well satisfied. Are your rattly cars made in USA or JAPAN

Just wondered.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

My Avalon was made in the US.

fear

Reply to
Art

Since 2002 all Camry on US market are US made. They try to do something to improve quality of assembling but problem remains. Sorry to say but people on Toyota factory in the US don't wok with same pride like in the Japan. I am done with Camry. Looking forward to buy Prius

bumps.

volume"

that

Reply to
VS

I don't blame the workers. Quality has to be designed in. Check out the Chrysler PT Cruiser made in Mexico. According to Consumer Reports its reliability is has good as Japanese imports. I have several friends with them and they are as rattle free as a rock.

in

similar

mile

Reply to
Art

Is that why you post every day on this forum, or are Chrysler owners too dumb for you?

Reply to
Mark A

Reliability (engineering) is not the same as fit and finish (assembly).

Reply to
Mark A

the

with

Agreed and my post addressed both. In the case of VW, for example, they have good fit and finish but components are unreliable.

Reply to
Art

My

I'm just trying to ascertain whether you can read big words.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
Car Guy

Two things of note here:

1) My '02 is "Made in Japan" 2) "Fit and Finish" or assembly or whatever is part of engineering in my book. Engineering specifies tolerances and manufacture spec. If you then have idiots put it together, all the spec goes out the window, things rattle, break, wear out faster, etc.

It's kinda like those fools on American Chopper: all the focus is on design (i.e. think of a theme then look up a bunch of parts from a catalog), fab a few bits, weld 'em on, then they send it all out for paint and chrome. When they try to put it together, it never seems to work so they end up jumping on parts (literally!) or just getting a saw or a big-ass hammer and banging on it until it "fits." That's "American" assembly for ya....

Reply to
Big Kahuna

Sad to say I have to agree with these negative posts. I am a long time Toyota owner too. My Camry which is my second one will be my last Toyota. No rattles but too many quality issues and Toyota could care less.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Reply to
Butherus

Good now fix you date/time

Reply to
Tj

I am in the market looking for a new car. Just started to look at the Camry -- the interiors are not as luxorious as the Accords, but more refined but not as sporty as the Altimas. But they are cheaper than the Altimas and Accords.

Sounds like the newest generation Camrys are having a lot of problems: rattles, sulfur smell, rotor warping, transmission jitter, etc. That's hardly the Camry I heard about over the years. So goes the sayings that post 1997 Toyotas are not what they used to be. That's too bad.

I might have to move to Nissans and Hondas. There are some good ads these days as they are clearing the 2004's.

John.

Reply to
John