New rattle Problem

I hate to bring up a new rattle but a lot of you folks have really helped me fix several in my car. My Toyota is a 2004 Camry. It has just developed (1789 miles on the 2 month old car) a rattle somewhere in the drivers side door/window. It is located directly by my left ear when I'm in the driving position. If I exert force outward on the window, it seems to go away. Any clues????? Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Butherus

Hi Bob :

I have the same problem on my 2002 Camry, which has leather door panels. I am the origin owner and have been experiencing this problem since I purchased this car in 2 years ago. I visited the dealership several times and they eventually replaced the driver side door panel claps to close up the gap between the metal door frame and the panel. That seemed eliminating some of the noise (rattles). Since then I still hear squeaks (or some kind of popping sound) out of the the driver side door panel (area near the handle). It has been very annoying to me.

I noticed the noise disappears when I lower down the window few inches. Other odd characteristics of this nuisance including -

1) More noticeable in the first 20-30 minutes after leaving my garage. 2) Less (or hardly) noticeable in the rainy days or after the car stays under the sunshine for hours. 3) Less noticeable during winter time.

I suspect this problem is somehow related to the temperature and humidity. Please let me know if you find a solution to fix it.

Rick

Reply to
CamryRick

They sell at auto supply store anti window rattle clips. Probably garbage but I thought I would mention it.

Reply to
Art

I have the same problem on my 2004 Camry XLE - it's near or in the driver's side B-pillar. I was looking through some old posts to see if anyone has a fix. I have taken my car to the dealer several times to fix this problem

-- no luck. On the last try, the mechanic contacted Toyota. They are apparently aware of this noise, and it is pretty common. They call it an "itching" noise and advised the mechanic to try tire(?) oil around the frame. He couldn't find it so he used some type of oil he uses at home -- no change in the noise. It wouldn't be nearly as annoying if it weren't right next to my left ear.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Reply to
EMC

Complain to toyota, demand a fix.

Reply to
m Ransley

The problem with this noise is that it is intermittent. It never seems to happen when I can get it to the dealer (or it's at the dealer) to have them confirm. I just hope someone figures it out so I can fix it myself. My car, a 2004, only has ~ 4500 miles on it. I just noticed the same noise coming from the passenger side window/door today.

Reply to
Butherus