Newbie has questions on 1999 Toyota Camry XLE just bought in Canada

Hi,

Just bought a '99 XLE today and pick it up on Monday. I have a few questions. The car was not bought at a Toyota dealer, and they can't answer my questions, or they just don't know. The car is in Canada and it's a V6 Automatic. Beautiful, but dirt prone black.

Q1 They called a Toy dealer and told me the V6 is a non-interference engine? Is it really?

Q2 The car has 111,000 km (69,000 miles). They said the Toyota dealer also said the the timing belt should be good for 150,000 km (90,000 miles) on the V6 vs 100,000 km (60,000 miles) on the 4 cyl. Is this correct?

Q3 The car only came with two metal keys, no transponder type key or remote keyless entry key. In Canada, was keyless remote an option? It seems like it was standard in the U.S. data I've read. Could it be possible the car has keyless remote but the key was lost. Is there anyway to determine if the car has it, and only needs a key to get it working?

Q4 If immobilizer was standard, I guess the metal keys couldn't be used to drive the car, or could they? Again, is there any way to check to see if this car has it or not.

Q5 Finally, assuming the car has neither keyless entry, nor immobilizer, but since it does have PDL which remote system would you recommend to give me keyless entry functionality, plus alarm/starter at a reasonable cost?

Thanks a million,

Happy motoring!

Norm

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
Father Guido

Q1:

It is a non-interference engine.