noise coming from drivers door camry

What could it be that at the drivers door close to the pilar that has the seat beat just below the passenger window it's making a squeaking noise ? The car is brand new less than 100 miles. Is maybe something loose inside ? The noise occurs when road conditions are not that good, if I push with my fingers while driving that area squeaking stops, dealer said to leave the car for whole morning to investigate but I don't think is that bad. Any clues?

Reply to
corrlens

?

I meant to say the drivers window not the passenger window...

Reply to
corrlens

Clue #1, New car.

Clue #2 Glass, and rubber coming together

Clue #3 Coatings to make the car Shine extra pretty when selling cars.

Typically, when any kind of wax or polish is splashed/sprayed onto a car automatically using a "car wash" type machine, there is a squeak that is likely to be introduced from that point on, unless you can figure out how to strip the wax from the window scraper rubber seal.

I have had no luck at all in this matter except to let it wear off and make sure not to introduce any more waxes or polishes to the glass. However, in my recent years, I have gone back to driving through an autowash to keep the car from being incredibly dirty when I am too taxed to do a handwash of the car.

Although it could be somthing more of a trim nature, your descritionbrought these thoughts to mind in haste.

Hopefully your noise is cureable.

I'd definitely take it to a dealer for checkout and make it a recorded issue for future reference though.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

It is a problem in some camry models as well. So talk to your dealer for that BIG FAT SEALS AND REPLACE for both of the front doors. If you have to buy and is expensive then talk to the aftermarket dealers in your area. Remember you need atleast 2mm-5mm increase in thickness from your current door seal thickness for effective noise control.

This is an extract from a toyota god:

00 Avalon wind noise. We have been getting customers coming back with the complaint of wind noise. Since we dealt with the early Avalon models and in general the Toyota product does not have this condition we tried to see if we could help. In trying to quiet the slight wind noise we were unable to do much then we drove several others (new on the lot) and found that they also made the same noise. You won't get them all back since the radio is enough to cover the noise level but if you get that 10% customer you may want to take them for a ride in another Avalon. We think that the mirrors are the cause but Toyota has not heard of this condition. 5/00 Update: Toyota has sent us some improved front door window seals that are fatter and do the trick. The ones we have installed have corrected the condition. These do not have a part number as of yet but the famous TSB should be out soon since these seals seem to correct the condition. 7/00.
Reply to
kdv