Not impressed with my retroprojector...

Hi! I owned a Camry 2007 I4. Since I found that the low beam lights were not giving enough lights during nights here in CAnada, I decided to replace my Philips one with PIAA X white plus Xtreme cool blue 4000K kelvin. To my surprised it did not do what it normaly does when installed in another car, ie. seeing a strong blue/white light. What I found was it was a little better, but not as good as the one that my father in law has on his Acura (same lights!).

Is it because of retroprojector that PIAA does not come out as good? Is there a way to get a better view during nigthtime without having to use my high beams (I do not want to make the other drivers blind!!!).

Regards,

Reply to
cimetiere

=============== Are you certain they are aimed properly?

Park 25' from a wall and mark the headlamp height. Bright pattern should be 2" below horizontal and properly centered.

Reply to
Daniel

Is voltage the same on both cars at the lights. Light bulbs are rated by Lumen for output, Piaa will give this info but does not I believe publish it, shop for bulbs by Lumen ratings

Reply to
m Ransley