not starting

I have a 97 camry that does not start. It has a new battery. It just makes the clicking sound when I try to start it. I'd appreciate any ideas on what it could be. Thanks

Reply to
P.O.

Most likely: Someone forgot to clean the battery posts and connectors down to shiny metal before installing the new battery.

Second most likely: Someone forgot to check electrolyte level and specific gravity and charge the battery sufficiently before putting it into service.

Third most likely: Someone has a loose connection in the starter circuit (or the associated ground strap to the block).

Fourth most likely: Someone has a broken solenoid on their starter motor.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

thanks for answering- it turned out that one of the cable clamps was not tight enough- had to get a new one- Thanks

Reply to
P.O.

Congratulations on fixing your car! Thanks for letting us know the cause of the problem.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston