O/D Off light blinking - 92 Camry

Camry 92, 307,000km.

Today, the dealer changed a seal that was leaking a little bit of oil, the bill shows "2 liters of ATF oil". After driving for a minute or so, I see two things:

  1. O/D Off light is flashing slowly and steadily (no pauses)
  2. "Lock up" does NOT occur at higher speeds (>80km/h)

Transmission is shifting fine to gears 1 through 4, everything seems normal, but no lockup...

I checked the transmission oil level while the engine was hot and running, and the level was 2mm ABOVE the upper 'hot' mark. Is this normal? Or did they overfill it and could this cause the blinking O/D Off light?

Can I tell them something useful tomorrow? Automatic gears are rather rare in Belgium, so maybe they don't have a lot of experience...

TIA,

Luc K

Reply to
Luc Kumps

Well you can tell them to lower it as it should never be overfilled and they know that. It is suspicious that it happened while they worked on it.

Reply to
m Ransley

It's fixed, no big deal. According to the dealer, the cable from the speed sensor had a 'bad contact'. Very funny that this happened after changing oil :-))

Luc K

Reply to
Luc Kumps