O2 sensor

My check engine light is on. AutoZone says the O2 sensor by the cat converter is bad. My 1999 Camry is an CE which I guess is California Emissions. Where can I find a good cheap replacement and how hard a job is it to do.

Reply to
norm46

CE is custom edition (has nothing to do with California). You will need to know which engine you have.

Reply to
Mark A

You can go cheap and get one without the connector for about $ 45.00 and put a connector on it. Best to go with a Densa, high quality and long lasting, with the connector for about $ 123.00. Plug and play. I just did it myself. Densa is the best.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Buchholz

CE stands for Cheap Edition. Whatever, it does NOT stand for anything to do with California. I, too, have a 99 CE 6 cyl Camry, made in Japan. How many miles on yours? 119,000 kilometers on mine. Only checklights so far had to do with ECG valve sensor position or the evap system. ECG valve sensor had to be replaced. The evap codes, once cleared two times, never reoccured.

Reply to
sharx35

Autozone can loan you free (with deposit) sensor socket tools. Fairly easy I would say.

The downstream sensors (after cat) is fairly basic type. Autozone can get you a Bosch 15733 for about $60. This one you have to splice on the old connector. If you want an OEM style connector just spend $20 more. Non-Calif I think the same sensor can be used for upstream, but check application catalog.

The Bosch 15733 is a more advanced *planar* type sensor, see:

Your bad sensor is most likely Denso. I'd stay away from Denso. IMO real junk.

Reply to
johngdole