OBDII Drive Cycles

My OBDII Scanner reported PO441 after my Check Engine light came up on our Camry 2000 CE during our last vacation last week. Despite careful checks, actual problems could not be found. Because the problem occurred almost right after filling her up, I surmised (right or wrong) that it may not be a valid "alarm". I then cleared the code but the scanner indicates (icon flashing) that the EVAP test needs to be reiniatilized in the computer by doing an OBDII Drive Cycle to get the computer back to "Readiness Monitor Status". Could someone point me to a site (or post them here) where that information would be available?. There is apparently specific procedures for each of these OBDII Drive Cycles which are different from car to car. A thousand thanks in advance to those who will take the time to bring information. Jean-Guy

Reply to
Jean-Guy Paradis

my 97 Camry had this code last month. A new gas cap was put on light was reset and I drove it over 1000 miles. Light came back on so the hoses to the gas tank clamps were tightened to make sure there was no leak there, while underhood I noticed the hose from the air breather box to the evap can was almost pulled off from replacing the air filter I suppose. I reseated that hose. So far the code has stayed away for another 1,000 miles. My independent ex Toyota master mechanic did the obdII testing, looked like a very simple device with only a couple buttons so I dont know how he used it exactly. It was made by one of the major auto companies like Snap-on or something. I do want to get the proper hose diameters and replace all the hoses soon since they have 180,000 miles on them. Rob

Reply to
ROBMURR

MOTOR OBD-II Drive Cycle Guide $29.99

for

Reply to
IceMan

I don't know if this will help, but take a look.

GaryS