Oil Capacity on 2002 Camry 1MZ-FE V6

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the oil capacity is with the OEM filter for this car? I know its in the manual but I wanted to find out if 5 Litres is too much for this engine.

Reply to
Car Guy

I don't understand your question. The manual has both dry capacity (for a new engine) and capacity for when you are changing the oil and filter. I have found the capacities listed in the owners manual to be very accurate.

Reply to
Mark A

Falling asleep through Mark A's post...

You ass, if you had both right there, why didn't you post them? He apparently doesn't have the owners manual.

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

your engine holds 4.7 qt with a filter change.

Scot

Reply to
Scot

This converts to 4.448 litres

Reply to
Alex Marcuzzi

Reply to
Car Guy

My book explicitley states quarts. But I think a quart is close to a liter.

1 quart = .9464 Liters.

Do not be so picky.

Scot

Reply to
Scot

So what does the 3.0 refer to?

--Ibrahim

Reply to
Ibrahim

The engine displacement of the cylinders in liters.

Reply to
Mark A

Interesting that the Toyota specs rate the 1MZ-FE as 2995 (2.995 litre). You got to love Japanese accuracy and attention to detail.

Reply to
Car Guy

There is a good reason for that. In some countries there are clip levels for certain engine sizes in terms of paying fuel-guzzler taxes. They want to be sure that they are below 3.000 liters.

Reply to
Mark A

Reply to
Car Guy

They have been rounding up for years, domestics do it too. Its much easier to call it a 3.0 than a 2.995 (which is rounded, a 3.0)

The 350 Chevrolet wasnt called a 349.848576, was it? You got to love the Americans and their attention to detail.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Every engine I know of is rounded up. My 1.9l Saturn was about 5 cc short and so were the 1.6l Toyota and Subaru engines.

I know this is done in racing to make sure they do not go over the discplacement limit. It is worth giving up a few worthless cc's to avoid the penalty.

Scot

Reply to
Scot

Use your oil stick to check the oil level but I think it will be OK unless its way above the max dipstick level.

"Car Guy" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D :Njv9b.4125$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Sam Cheung